Industrial Radiographer Certification Exam
The Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality, Radiation Management Section certifies individuals to practice industrial radiography within the State of Oklahoma. To become certified, individuals must meet the necessary requirements of classroom and on-the-job training, as well as successful completion of the required examinations.
Beginning October 2020, the examinations will be in a computer-based testing format at testing centers located throughout the United States. To register for an examination, review the Registration Process Overview below and visit the following websites for more information:
Steps for Applying and Registering for your Computer Based Exam with Pearson VUE
1. Complete an Application
- Submit your application to email@example.com
- Use DEQ FORM #410-5-1 Application for Industrial Radiography Exam
- Citizenship Affidavit Form (must be notarized and submitted with application)
Note: Each applicant must provide a valid email address belonging to the applicant. Previously we have allowed for all applicants to use the email of Administrative Professionals and Radiation Safety Officers; however, we are unable to continue to do so. Applicants will receive an email from the testing center with instructions on how to create an account to schedule their exam.
- Call (405) 702-1130 to pay fee
- Once your application is approved (allow up to 30 days for processing), you will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) letter from Pearson VUE. This letter will provide you
- Your candidate ID
- The timeframe in which you are able to test (60 days from receipt of the letter)
- Instructions on how to register for the exam
Note: You should review your ATT letter to ensure that the First and Last name you registered with are exactly the same on the ID that you will be providing at the test center during check-in
2. Create an Account and Registration With Pearson VUE
- After receiving and reviewing your ATT, navigate to the Pearson VUE website at https://pearsonvue.com/crcpd and create a user account.
- You will be asked to provide your Candidate ID, found in your ATT letter and will need to enter your personal demographic information (name, address, phone, etc.)
- After you create your account, you will have the ability to schedule an appointment for the exam for which you are approved and select a date and time to test. Schedule an Exam Appointment
- After creating your account and registration with Pearson VUE, you can schedule your exam online.
Note: You can also contact Pearson VUE by phone at 866-377-0252
- When scheduling your exam, you can enter your address and search for the test centers closest to you. You can also view the appointment availability calendar for each site to determine a date and time of your choosing.
- Once you have selected your location, date and time, you will proceed to pay for your exam appointment.
Note: If your employer will be paying for your exam, they may do so by purchasing a pre-paid voucher.
- You will receive an appointment confirmation notice from Pearson VUE once you have completed your transaction.
3. Exam Day – What To Expect
- Arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled exam appointment
- You will be asked to present your ID (make sure your first and last name match what you provided when registering with Pearson VUE)
- You will have your photo taken and be asked to provide a digital signature
- You will be asked to lock up your belongings in the provided storage space. You will not be able to access your phone or any study materials for the duration of the exam
- The test administration at the site will take you into the testing room and provide you with a brief run-through of how the computer works and what to do if you need assistance during your exam
- At the conclusion of your exam, you will see your final result on the screen and will be provided with a printed score report to take home.
- To gain some familiarity with the test taking process, you can visit: https://home.pearsonvue.com/Testtakers/Resources.aspx for an introductory video on the process
- If your employer will be paying for your exam, they may do so by purchasing a pre-paid voucher at https://wsr.pearsonvue.com/vouchers/pricelist/crcpd.asp.
5. After the Exam
- Refer to Oklahoma Rules and Regulations for further information on obtaining your certification. You can find the rules here https://www.deq.ok.gov/wpcontent/uploads/deqmainresources/410.pdf. Rules specific to Industrial Radiography Certification are found under 252:410-5. Below are links to the forms needed.
DEQ FORM #410-5-2 Radiographer Qualifications
DEQ FORM #410-5-3 On-The-Job-Training Record
DEQ FORM #410-5-4 Request for Disability Accommodation
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Kristie Valtierra at 405.702.5222 or by email at Kristie.firstname.lastname@example.org.