About DEQ’s Mercury Program:
DEQ’s mercury program provides a service to citizens of Oklahoma to collect, store, and recycle household mercury and mercury containing items. Mercury-containing devices in households can include thermometers, thermostats, barometers, switches, irons, pressure-sensing devices, and blood pressure measuring devices.
Who to Contact:
For more information on DEQ’s Mercury Program contact – Jon Reid
Mercury Program Documents:
- Mercury Program Guidelines
- Mercury Cleanup Guidelines
- What is Mercury?
- Mercury Exposure
- Management of Waste Fluorescent Lamps
- Mercury Spills Fact Sheet
- Where to Recycle Mercury
- Mercury Thermostat Recycling list by State
- Compact Fluorescent Lamp Recycling (mail in service)
- EPA’s Mercury Page