EPCRA Section 304: Emergency Notification
Facilities must immediately report the accidental release of any substance subject to regulation from the Consolidated List of Lists that is equal to or exceeding the corresponding reportable quantity (RQ).
- If the release of an Extremely Hazardous Substance (EHS) occurs, immediate notification to local and state officials is required.
- If the substance is regulated under Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) then the National Response Center (NRC) must also be notified in addition to state and local officials.
- A written follow-up notice must also be submitted to local and state officials as soon as possible after the release.
Spill Reporting Contacts
- LEPC Contact List
- SERC Contact Information
- DEQ Hotline: 1-800-522-0206
- EPA National Reporting Center: 1-800-424-8802
Contact us or call the DEQ Land Protection Division at (405) 702-5100 for assistance.