Oklahoma has been initially allocated approximately $21 million from the Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust Agreement to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions from the transportation sector. With this funding, DEQ has been able to develop several new programs to promote healthier air quality across the state. View the Oklahoma VW Settlement Factsheet
Subscribe to Volkswagen Updates – To receive information on Beneficiary Mitigation Plan program updates, sign up for our VW Settlement mailing list.
- Alternative Fuel School Bus Program – $4.1 Million toward projects that promote the use of alternative fuels in school buses for pre-Kindergarten through grade 12. The FY19 application period closed on December 6, 2019.
- Oklahoma Clean Diesel (DERA) Program – An EPA-sponsored program funded by the Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) that replaces diesel school buses. Volkswagen funds are used to match federal funds. The FY19 application period closed on December 6, 2019.
- ChargeOK: Oklahoma Electric Vehicle Charging Grant Program – $3.1 Million to install electric (EV) charging stations throughout Oklahoma. Applications are now open for Round 2 (FY2021) until September 8, 2020. Click here for a list of 2019 recipients
- On-Road Program – $3.5 Million to replace or repower on-road diesel fueled Class 4-8 trucks and shuttle or transit buses with new diesel or alternative fueled vehicles. Applications are now open until September 30, 2020.
Oklahoma “is required to maintain and make publicly available all documentation submitted in support of the each funding request and all records supporting all expenditures of Eligible Mitigation Action funds” from the Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust. Funding requests and Semi-Annual Reports from DEQ will be available here: Oklahoma Funding Requests and Semi-Annual Reports
DEQ and the office of the Oklahoma Secretary of Energy and Environment (SOEE) submitted the Oklahoma Beneficiary Mitigation Plan (BMP) to Wilmington Trust on June 8, 2018. For more information on the BMP process please reference the Volkswagen History page.
- FY18 Alternative Fuel School Bus (VW) & Clean Diesel (DERA) Comparison Fact Sheet
- Funding Allocations and BMP Priorities Fact Sheet
- Oklahoma VW Settlement Fact Sheet
- FY18 Alternative Fuel School Bus Program Fact Sheet
- Round 2 (FY2021) ChargeOK Program Fact Sheet
- On-Road Program Fact Sheet
Meetings and Presentations
- December 5, 2017 Public Meeting Presentation
- May 8, 2018 Proposed BMP Public Meeting Presentation
- Go to the program homepage for links to the webinars
- State Beneficiary Trust Agreement (EPA)
- Appendix D-2 of Trust Agreement (Eligible Mitigation Actions)
- Oklahoma Governor’s Executive Order on State Trust Agreement
- Appendix D-3 with Attachment (Oklahoma’s Certification to Obtain Beneficiary Status)
- Final Beneficiary Mitigation Plan
On February 15, 2018, DEQ sent notices to the following Federal Agencies about the State of Oklahoma’s designation as a Volkswagen State Environmental Mitigation Trust Beneficiary along with DEQ’s process of developing the Beneficiary Mitigation Plan and funding assistance programs.
For more information, contact us by
Oklahoma Dept. of Environmental Quality
Air Quality Division
707 N. Robinson
PO Box 1677
Oklahoma City, OK 73101