Tier II Reporting
EPCRA sections 311-312: Hazardous Chemical Inventory Reporting
- Facilities handling or storing hazardous chemicals above the Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ) must provide all Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC), Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), and local fire departments.
- Facilities must provide an annual inventory report to SERC, LEPC, and local fire departments in the form of a Tier II Report due on March 1 of each year.
***The DEQ recently held an online Tier II Training in preparation for the 2022 Annual Report. That training can be viewed HERE***
Tier II Resources
Facilities may log-in to the DEQ Online Filing System to download their Tier II Report from the previous reporting year. Usernames and passwords do not change from year-to-year.
- If you have lost your username and/or password contact us or call (405) 702-5156
- First time filers will need to obtain a username and password by contacting Matt Wormus
- If your file fails to download, contact us via email and staff will send you a .ZIP File
Unsure if your facility filed a Tier II Report?
Chemical Reporting and Preparedness staff can help you navigate the Tier2Submit software, import last year’s report, determine accurate Lat/Long coordinates, and submit your report via the DEQ Online Filing System.
Training and Workshops
The DEQ recently held a virtual training on how to file a Tier II Report in Oklahoma. The recording of this training can be found HERE
Tier II 101
|Jan 12||Kay County LEPC Meeting – 11:30am||2101 N Ash St, Ponca City, OK; Room B120|
|Feb 17||Oklahoma County LEPC Meeting – 2:00pm||Virtual. Email Matt Wormus for Link|
Tier II Filing Assistance
For the 2022 Calendar year, the DEQ will be hosting the usual Tier II Filing Assistance Events around the state. If you are interested in one of the below dates, a time between 8am and 4pm can be requested here. You may also call DEQ Staff at any point for assistance or guidance regarding your Tier II Report
|11-Jan||Stillwater DEQ Office||2600 S Main St Suite B1|
|12-Jan||Ponca City – Pioneer Technology Center||2101 N Ash St; Seminar Center East|
|13-Jan||Enid DEQ Office||115 W Broadway Ave Suite 209|
|18-Jan||Woodward DEQ Office||2411 Williams Ave Suite 116|
|19-Jan||Lawton DEQ Office||601 SW C Avenue|
|25-Jan||Ardmore DEQ Office||18407 Scenic State Highway 77|
|27-Jan||Ada DEQ Office||2401 Egypt Rd|
|1-Feb||Henryetta DEQ Office||124 S 4th St|
|2-Feb||McAlester DEQ Office||321 South 3rd St Suite 5|
|8-Feb||Tulsa DEQ Office||9933 E 16th St S|
|9-Feb||Tulsa DEQ Office||9933 E 16th St S|
|15-Feb||Tecumseh DEQ Office||19905 Gordon Cooper Dr|
|16-Feb||Duncan DEQ Office||1313 W Ash Ave Suite 106|
Oklahoma Tier II Fees*
- Oil and Natural Gas Production Facilities: $12.00/ reported facility
- Agriculture Chemical Dealerships: $12.00/ reported facility
- Facilities under any other NAICS code:
- Hazardous Substance (as defined in 40 CFR Part 370): $15.00/ substance
- Extremely Hazardous Substance (as defined in 40 CFR Part 355): $30.00/ substance
*Maximum fee charged for a single reporting year is $1,000.00 per company. See OAC 252:20-1-7 for more information
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us or call the DEQ Land Protection Division at (405) 702-5100 for assistance.