Tier II Reporting
EPCRA sections 311-312: Hazardous Chemical Inventory Reporting
- Facilities handling or storing hazardous chemicals above the Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ) must provide all Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to the State Emergency Response Commission (SERC), Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), and local fire departments.
- Facilities must provide an annual inventory report to SERC, LEPC, and local fire departments in the form of a Tier II Report due on March 1 of each year.
***The DEQ recently held a virtual training on how to file a Tier II Report in Oklahoma. The recording of this training can be found HERE***
Tier II Resources
Facilities may log-in to the DEQ Online Filing System to download their Tier II Report from the previous reporting year. Usernames and passwords do not change from year-to-year.
- If you have lost your username and/or password contact us or call (405) 702-5156
- First time filers will need to obtain a username and password by contacting Matt Wormus
- If your file fails to download, contact us via email and staff will send you a .ZIP File
Unsure if your facility filed a Tier II Report?
Chemical Reporting and Preparedness staff can help you navigate the Tier2Submit software, import last year’s report, determine accurate Lat/Long coordinates, and submit your report via the DEQ Online Filing System.
Training and Workshops
The DEQ recently held a virtual training on how to file a Tier II Report in Oklahoma. The recording of this training can be found HERE
Tier II Filing Assistance
For the 2021 Calendar year, the DEQ will not be hosting the usual Tier II Filing Assistance Events around the state. In lue, facilities can still call DEQ staff and receive assistance over the phone, email, or a virtual one-on-one meeting can be arranged upon request.
Oklahoma Tier II Fees*
- Oil and Natural Gas Production Facilities: $12.00/ reported facility
- Agriculture Chemical Dealerships: $12.00/ reported facility
- Facilities under any other NAICS code:
- Hazardous Substance (as defined in 40 CFR Part 370): $15.00/ substance
- Extremely Hazardous Substance (as defined in 40 CFR Part 355): $30.00/ substance
*Maximum fee charged for a single reporting year is $1,000.00 per company. See OAC 252:20-1-7 for more information
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us or call the DEQ Land Protection Division at (405) 702-5100 for assistance.