Tier II Reporting

EPCRA sections 311-312: Hazardous Chemical Inventory Reporting

  • Facilities must provide an annual inventory report to the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality in the form of a Tier II Report due by March 1 of each year.


On December 14th, 2023, the DEQ hosted a virtual training. That recording can be found HERE.

To view the PowerPoint in the training, please click HERE



Ther TIer II Program was recently highlighted in the DEQ Series, “DID You Know”. That video can be found HERE

Tier II Resources

Filing InstructionsDownload Last Year's ReportAssistanceFees


Facilities may log-in to the DEQ Online Filing System to download their Tier II Report from the previous reporting year. Usernames and passwords do not change from year-to-year.

  • If you have lost your username and/or password contact us or call (405) 702-5156
  • First time filers will need to obtain a username and password by contacting Matt Wormus 
  • If your file fails to download, contact us via email and staff will send you a .ZIP File


Unsure if your facility filed a Tier II Report?

Filing Assistance

Chemical Reporting and Preparedness staff can help you navigate the Tier2Submit software, import last year’s report, determine accurate Lat/Long coordinates, and submit your report via the DEQ Online Filing System.


Training and Workshops

Tier II 101

Dates for Trainings at LEPC Meetings

January 10 Kay County LEPC
February 8 Mayes County LEPC
February 14 Canadian County LEPC
February 15 Oklahoma County LEPC


Tier II Filing Assistance


Dates for Tier II Filing Assistance in 2024. To schedule for a 30 minute appointment, please contact Matt Wormus


1/10/2024 Ponca City Pioneer Technology Center 2101 N Ash St
1/17/2024 Enid Enid DEQ Office 115 W Broadway Ave # 209
1/18/2024 Woodward Woodward DEQ Office 2411 Williams Ave # 116
1/23/2024 Duncan Duncan DEQ Office 1313 W Ash Ave Suite 106
1/24/2024 Ardmore Ardmore DEQ 18407 Scenic State Highway 77
1/25/2024 Ada Ada DEQ Office 2401 Eqypt Rd
2/6/2024 Tulsa Tulsa DEQ Office 9933 E 16th St
2/7/2024 Tulsa Tulsa DEQ Office 9933 E 16th St
2/8/2024 Pryor Hillcrest Hospital 111 N Bailey
2/14/2024 El Reno Canadian Valley Tech  6505 E Hwy 66



Oklahoma Tier II Fees*

  • Oil and Natural Gas Production Facilities: $12.00/ reported facility
  • Agriculture Chemical Dealerships: $12.00/ reported facility
  • Facilities under any other NAICS code:
    • Hazardous Substance (as defined in 40 CFR Part 370): $15.00/ substance
    • Extremely Hazardous Substance (as defined in 40 CFR Part 355): $30.00/ substance


*Maximum fee charged for a single reporting year is $1,000.00 per company. See OAC 252:20-1-7 for more information

Effective July 1, 2022, the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality will begin assessing customers a merchant fee in the amount of 2.25% of the amount due if paying via credit or debit card.

Additionally, a portal fee of $2.00 will be charged for each transaction paid by a credit or debit card.

For questions regarding the above-referenced transaction fees or to inquire about payment options, please email ARHelpdesk@deq.ok.gov or call (405)702-1130.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are Oklahoma's Tier II reporting requirements?
  • In Oklahoma, Tier II reports are submitted annually to DEQ only; DEQ distributes to Local Emergency Planning Committees (LEPC) and fire departments
  • Tier II reports must be submitted electronically to DEQ via the DEQ Online Filing Stystem
  • Tier II reports must be prepared using the latest version of EPA software Tier2Submit
What facilities are covered under EPCRA 311 and 312?
Any facility required to maintain MSDSs (SDSs) under the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) regulations for hazardous substances stored in the workplace is also required to file a Tier II report for all chemicals that meet or exceed the Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ).  
What is a Hazardous Substance?
A hazardous substance is defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard and poses a health and/or physical safety hazard. Facilities with chemicals exceeding these thresholds must also report under EPCRA:

  • Extremely Hazardous Substances (EHS): over 500 lbs or the TPQ whichever is lower (see List of Lists)
  • Gasoline (all grades combined) at a retail gas station: over 75,000 gallons if stored underground
  • Diesel (all grades combined) at a retail gas station: over 100,000 gallons if stored underground
  • All other hazardous materials: over 10,000 lbs
Where can I find my facility's username and password?
  • Usernames and passwords do not change. If you have already filed a Tier II report with the State and forgot your username and/or password give us a call at (405) 702-5156
  • If you are a first time filer or wish to obtain a new account contact Matt Wormus
I get an error when I try to download my report from last year, what should I do?
Contact us or call (405) 702-5100 for assistance.

Contact Us

Contact us or call the DEQ Land Protection Division at (405) 702-5100 for assistance.